Hokkaido Marathon 2022
・Japan Marathon Championship Series
・Japan Qualifying Marathon Trial for the World Athletics World Championships Budapest23
・Marathon Grand Championship Challenge
Organizing Committee for the Hokkaido Marathon 2022
Hokkaido Amateur Athletic Association, The Hokkaido Shimbun Press, Hokkaido Cultural Broadcasting Co. Ltd. (UHB TV), FM Hokkaido Broadcasting Co., Ltd. (AIR-G’), Hokkaido Shimbun Hot Media Co., Ltd., Hokkaido Government, City of Sapporo, Hokkaido Sport Association, Sapporo Sport Association, Hokkaido Association of City Mayors, Hokkaido Association of Towns and Villages, Federation of Hokkaido Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Sapporo Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hokkaido Tourism Organization, Sapporo Tourist Association, Hokkaido Medical Association,Hokkaido Association for Acute Medicine, Hokkaido Nursing Association, Hokkaido Physical Therapy Association, NPO Runners Support Hokkaido
Japan Association of Athletics Federations, Japan Blind Marathon Association
Hokkaido Amateur Athletic Association, Sapporo Amateur Athletic Association
August 28 (Sun.), 2022; starting at 08:30
Full marathon (42.195 km)
2022 Regulations of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations, Regulations of the World Para Athletics (WPA), Regulations of the Hokkaido Marathon
Men, Women, Visually Impaired Men, Visually Impaired Women
16,500 yen (tax included), of which 300 yen will be donated to charity
Men and women who are at least 19 years old on the event day (excluding high school students) and capable of completing the full marathon within 6 hours
Sapporo Odori Park Nishi 4chome (Ekimae dori) – Susukino – Nakajima Park – Hiragishi dori – Sosei Tunnel – Soseigawa dori – Miyanomori-Kita 24jo dori – Shinkawa dori (halfway point) – Hokkaido University – Former Hokkaido Government Office Building (Red Brick Office) – Ekimae dori – Odori Park Nishi 4chome (Ekimae dori)
Runners will be divided into blocks according to their personal anticipated times (gross times) for a full marathon submitted at the time of entry.
● This division into blocks will be made in the order of the submitted anticipated times regardless of whether they are runners registered with the Japan Association of Athletics Federations or ordinary runners.
- Invited or corporate team runners, athletes chosen for special training by the Japan Blind Marathon Association
- Ordinary runners (in the order of anticipated times from the fastest)
- Ordinary runners who have not submitted anticipated times or valid personal times
|Cut-off point||Closing time||Time limit|
|10km||10:10||1h 40 min|
|15km||10:50||2h 20 min|
|25km||12:10||3h 40 min|
|30km||12:50||4h 20 min|
|40km||14:15||5h 45 min|
|Finish||14:40||6h 10 min|
Course Facilities (including start/finish points)
|Maeda Forest Park||●||●||●|
Entries *The entry guidelines are provided below.
Applications will be accepted through the official website from 18:00 on March 6 (Sun.) to 18:00 on April 4(Mon).
- If there are many applicants, participants will be selected by lottery. Selection result will be announced in late April.
- Only online entries are accepted.
August 26 (Fri.) 13:00 to 20:00
August 27 (Sat.) 10:00 to 20:00
Odori Park Nishi 8-chome
All runners will be given an “On” original T-shirt.
- Also provided to escort runners accompanying those with disabilities (Visually Impaired Men and Women).
|A Shirt length||B Shirt width|
Completion medals, finisher’s towels *Also provided to escort runners accompanying those with disabilities (Visually Impaired Men and Women)
Please download the completion certificate from RUNNET’s “My Page”.
The following winners will be commended at the awards ceremony after the races.
Men’s and Women’s races: the first- to eighth-placed runners
Visually Impaired Men’s and Women’s races: the first- to third-placed runners registered with the WPA
A certificate of commendation will be mailed to the first- to third-placed runners by age group.
- First- to third-placed runners aged 24 years or younger (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 25 to 29 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 30 to 34 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 35 to 39 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 40 to 44 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 45 to 49 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 50 to 54 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 55 to 59 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 60 to 64 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 65 to 69 years old (Men’s and Women’s races)
- First- to third-placed runners aged 70 years or older (Men’s and Women’s races)
- Visually Impaired Men’s race: the first- to third-placed runners not registered with the WPA
- Visually Impaired Women’s race: the first- to third-placed runners not registered with the WPA
- The official record collection listing the finishing times of all runners will be sent to all entries after the races.
- The names and times of the following runners will be published in the Hokkaido Shimbun newspaper the day after the races: the top 100 runners in the Men’s and Women’s races, the top 50 runners in each age-group category of the Men’s and Women’s races; and the top 10 runners in the Visually Impaired Men’s and Women’s races.
- The organizer shall not take any responsibility other than the provision of first aid in the event of illness or injury, except due to the organizer’s intentional or gross negligence.
- Cancellation for personal reasons shall not be accepted once the application has been submitted.
If the event is canceled due to an earthquake, storm and/or flood damage, incident, accident, epidemic/pandemic (including COVID-19), or other reasons that are not the responsibility of the organizer, the entry fee will be refunded at the following rates.
- Up to 3 months before the event (until May 28) = 50%
- Up to a month before the event (until July 28) = 20%
- * We cannot refund if a month has passed before the event.
- Minors are kindly requested to obtain consent from parents or team members to participate in the event.
- If the organizer determines that some participants will interfere with the continuation of the event, the organizer may advise the participants to cancel the event.
- If there is a false declaration such as age or gender, entry shall be cancelled.
- Entry by a person other than the applicant (substitute runners) will not be tolerated. If such a case is discovered, entry shall be cancelled.
- Applicants shall agree that personal information, such as their name, age, gender, place of residence (names of countries, prefectures and other administrative entities; names of cities, towns and villages), past records and portraits may be used in the marathon’s promotional materials, such as videos, photographs, articles and race data published via such media as newspapers, TV programs (including commercials), magazines, the Internet and pamphlets. They shall also agree that the publishing and portrait rights to such information belong to the organizer, and shall not execute their portrait rights.
- Please be sure to follow the race precautions separately designated by the organizer.
To ensure the smooth operation of this event, personal information is used to provide entry information, inform runners of race records and related data and inform entrants of the next Hokkaido Marathon, as well as for announcing records, giving first-aid treatment and cooperating with medical institutions. It may be provided to third parties such as health centers, medical institutions, and the Japan Association of Athletics Federations for the purpose of preventing infectious diseases, and may be used by the organizer or disclosed to the event’s supporters and collaborators to provide information on services, products and the like offered by the organizer, supporters and collaborators. It may also be used by the organizer or trustees to confirm entry information.
- Participants shall be deemed to have accepted the above guidelines when payment of the entry fee is confirmed and the entry is determined.